ELECTRO BALL 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, this year Sunshine Nation partnered up with Collective Minds to take you back into the vibrant ballrooms of Hong Kong in its 20s/30s.
► AFTER-MOVIE ELECTRO BALL: https://vimeo.com/136368474
THEME: Hong Kong Glitz
For this year’s Electro Ball we pay homage to HONG KONG in the 1920s and 30s. A city that tantalised the British, American, French and Chinese alike with its lawless streets and dens of sumptuous iniquity.
Known back then as "the wickedest city in the world", artists, politicians, entrepreneurs, diplomats and the dispossessed roamed it's winding streets, chasing thrills at every turn.
Strains of jazz mingled with Hollywood film music and Chinese folk melodies in the night air, while this heady sonic melange drew the ire of burgeoning leftist and Nationalist movements, who denounced these hypnotic new sounds as "opium for the masses.”
DRESS CODE: 20s/30s Glitz
• LADIES: Cocktail dress or costume according to the theme
• GENTLEMEN: Suit/Tails/Tuxedo or costume according to the theme
► Dapper & flapper attire is encouraged.
► ELECTRO SWING SHOWCASE by
• DJ French Chris (FR) supported by Jon (violin live)
• Orio (Fat Fish Familia) supported by Pablo Tani (live sax) & Ashley (live trompet)
► SPEAKEASY & MAHJONG ROOM by Glenfiddich
► SHOWGIRL COQUETRY
► DRAG PERFORMANCES
► AND MANY MORE SURPRISES TO COME
► PARTY ONLY Tickets (from 10pm onwards)
• EARLY BIRD: S$48 until 14 November
• REGULAR: S$58 until 24th November
• DOOR: $68 subject to availability
► DINNER & PARTY Tickets (from 8pm onwards)
• EARLY BIRD: S$148 (until 14 November)
• REGULAR: S$158 (until 24th November)
► PARTY ONLY TABLES (from 10pm onwards)
• 4 PAX: $400 incl.
• 8 PAX: $800 incl.
• 12 PAX: $1,200 incl.
• Wasabi prawn / Soft Shell Crab, curry leaf, dried red chilli pepper
• Four Treasure Soup, Double Boiled, Sea Cucumber, Fish Maw, Dried Hokkaido Scallop
• Australian Black Angus Beef Tenderloin Cube, Black Pepper Foie Gras
• Steamed Chilean Sea Bass Fillet with Kim Hua Ham and Ginger Sauce
• Mango Pudding, Almond Tofu
• SUNSHINE NATION www.Sunshine-Nation.com
• COLLECTIVE MINDS www.CollectiveMinds.asia